Welcome to the Northeast Region, BSA Youth Protection Champions page.
This page is provided by our NER Committee comprised of Area Youth Protection Chairs. Below are communications, resources and best practices that are above and beyond the information and guidelines provided by the Boy Scouts of America.
For a full complement of BSA guidelines and resources please visit http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx.
If you would like to communicate with your Area Champion please contact them through the roster below. We hope these resources and best practices will be beneficial to your Council.
- NER Youth Protection Chair – Bob Sadock, email@example.com – 203.249.5187
- Area 1 Chair – Larry Healy, firstname.lastname@example.org – 978.815.1460
- Area 2 Chair – Bob Koch, email@example.com – 516.209.8162
- Area 3 Chair – Fred Adriance, firstname.lastname@example.org – 518.764.4048
- Area 4 Chair – John Gotaskie, email@example.com – 412.394.5528
- Area 5 Chair – Gail Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org – 267.374.0905
- Area 6 Chair – Nick Adams, email@example.com – 301.980.9606
- NER Youth Protection Staff Advisor – Marc Andreo, firstname.lastname@example.org – 845.283.2373
- Youth Protection Reminder – June 2016 – CLICK HERE to download (PDF)
- Youth Protection Reminder – Fall 2015 – CLICK HERE to download (PDF)
NER Council Best Practices (Documents & Resources)
- Tutorial – How To Use my.scouting.org for YPC’s – CLICK HERE to read more (PDF)
- This PDF explains how to drill down through my.scouting.org to get the information that you need to be a successful YPT Champion.
- Katahdin Area Council goes from worst to first in Area 1 – CLICK HERE to read more (PDF)
- Housatonic Council Turnaround Approach – CLICK HERE to read more (PDF)